“Success is all about having the right strategies to cope with challenges.” – Jennifer Luria
This is a description of Ms. Jennifer Luria: “I have been a practicing social worker since I graduated from The University of Iowa School of Social Work in 2002. I currently work with children with behavioral and developmental needs at Hope Springs Behavioral Consultants. I also work part-time at the Center for Disabilities & Development at the The University of Iowa Hospital. My research interests are best practices for working with families and Fragile X.”
Ms. Luria recently won a 2017 Bill Sackter Award for her longstanding skill and exceptional commitment to serving the needs of people with disabilities.
The award will be announced on Thursday, April 13th, Bill Sackter Day, at 5:30 pm in Wild Bill’s Coffeeshop. Her name will also appear on a plaque of all award winners, that hangs in the coffee shop. We are very proud to have Ms. Luria on staff and of her outstanding work in this area.
At Hope Springs, Ms. Luria works with children and adolescents in psychotherapy, particularly concerns such as:
- outbursts, tantrums, meltdowns
- aggression and destruction of property
- lying and stealing
- difficulty with sleep and meals
- adolescent concerns
- autism, ADHD, and behavior disorders
My goal is to give every child and family that I work with the strategies that they need to accomplish the goals that are important to them. I work with people to help them overcome their challenges in order to experience more success and fully enjoy life.
Ms. Luria’s Specialties
- Psychotherapy for Children / Adolescents
- Services for Children with Intellectual disabilities
- Parent-child interaction therapy (PCIT)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Ms. Luria’s Education and Training
- MSW, University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
- BA, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa
- Certification, PCIT
- Certification, Trauma Focused CBT